Osnabrück University navigation and search

Main content

Top content

Jemand hält ein Schild hoch, auf dem das Wort "Praktikum" steht, © ileezhun | stock.adobe.com

Erasmus traineeship

What is the Erasmus traineeship?

Erasmus not only supports international studying, but also encourages work experience abroad. You can apply for an internship in a company or institution of your choice anywhere in Europe, regardless of the cities of our partner universities. EU institutions, institutions administering EU programs, and German embassies are excluded. The internship must be related to your studies. As soon as you have found an internship, you can apply for the Erasmus traineeship program. Apart from the financial support, the Erasmus traineeship will be listed in your degree certificate ("Diploma Supplement").

What financial support can I expect?

You will receive approximately 300 euros Erasmus grant. Of course, you can be paid additionally by your employer. If you earn more than 500 euros, the Erasmus grant will be reduced.

How long should the Erasmus traineeship be?

For the Erasmus traineeship it is required that at least three months are spent abroad, a maximum of twelve months is possible.

When do I have to apply for the Erasmus traineeship program?

Please apply at least six weeks before the start of the internship.

How do I apply for the Erasmus traineeship program?

You can find more information about the application here.

We require the following documents from you:

  • current certificate(s) of enrollment covering the entire period of the internship (can be submitted later if necessary)
  • curriculum vitae in tabular form
  • What motivates you for the internship abroad? (informal, at least 20 lines)
  • Declaration on the (future) existence of sufficient health, accident and liability insurance coverage for the time of the planned internship abroad. You must contact your insurance company regarding these insurances.
  • Bachelor's degree certificate (if available) or transcript of records
  • "Training Agreement and Quality Commitment." To be completed by the internship provider and signed by the provider and the applicant. (also available in Spanish upon request)
  • Evidence of language proficiency in the working language (other equivalent language evidence may be used if applicable, e.g. language course certificates). If the working language is not the local language, proof of elementary basic knowledge of the local language is required. The certificate can be submitted later, if necessary, if the language course is completed in the host country.
  • Strongly recommended: Proof of participation in a course on the topic of "Intercultural Communication" (proof of longer stays abroad, ERASMUS semester, student exchange, corresponding seminar, or similar applies here).

Top content